This text draws together Egyptological advances in our understanding of the cult of Ra, from the 3rd Millennium BC to the Roman conquest of Egypt and the rise of Christianity. It explores Egyptian sources for the character of Ra, his pivotal role in creation, and the way in which Egyptians expressed the world as physical matter unfurling from the sun. The core of the book focuses on on the epicentre of the cult: the temple of Ra at Iunu.
About Animal Deities
Animal Deities is about human spiritual belief systems as documented by anthropologists and archeologists.
- Buyenlarge Animal-Headed Gods – 16″ X 24″” Fine Art Giclee Print
- MSD LG Optimus L70 Dual Aluminum Plate Bumper Snap Case Bald Eagle landing on a large tree branch with wings extended 19531267
- OOFAYZBL 1pc Blue Silver Iridescent Colorful Temporary Metallic Tattoo Elephant with Cloud Deity God Monkey BLS-004
- What Is Paleolithic Art?: Cave Paintings and the Dawn of Human Creativity
- Gods and Goddesses of Old Europe, 7000-3500 B.C.: Myths, Legends and Cult Images by Marija Gimbutas (1974-02-04)