This text draws together Egyptological advances in our understanding of the cult of Ra, from the 3rd Millennium BC to the Roman conquest of Egypt and the rise of Christianity. It explores Egyptian sources for the character of Ra, his pivotal role in creation, and the way in which Egyptians expressed the world as physical matter unfurling from the sun. The core of the book focuses on on the epicentre of the cult: the temple of Ra at Iunu.
About Animal Deities
Animal Deities is about human spiritual belief systems as documented by anthropologists and archeologists.
- Medicine Buddha Incense Recycle Blue Lokta Paper Pack, Nepal
- Animism, the Seed of Religion (Classic Reprint)
- Mysteries of the Snake Goddess: Art, Desire, and the Forging of History
- EGYPTIAN SUN GODDESS SEKHMET SOLAR DEITY 11″ STATUE FIGURINE RA SACHMIS
- Muscular Dark Anubis Statue Egyptian Deity of Afterlife and Mummification