This text draws together Egyptological advances in our understanding of the cult of Ra, from the 3rd Millennium BC to the Roman conquest of Egypt and the rise of Christianity. It explores Egyptian sources for the character of Ra, his pivotal role in creation, and the way in which Egyptians expressed the world as physical matter unfurling from the sun. The core of the book focuses on on the epicentre of the cult: the temple of Ra at Iunu.
About Animal Deities
Animal Deities is about human spiritual belief systems as documented by anthropologists and archeologists.
- WHITE BUFFALO CALF WOMAN: An entry from Macmillan Reference USA’s Encyclopedia of Religion
- The Legend Of the White Buffalo Woman
- READING 2011 LEVELED READER GRADE 3.3.2 ADVANCED:GRANDMOTHER SPIDER STEALS THE SUN
- How Grandmother Spider Got the Sun : A Cherokee Tale
- Meine letzten 40 Tage. Eine indianische Vision über das Sterben und den Tod