This text draws together Egyptological advances in our understanding of the cult of Ra, from the 3rd Millennium BC to the Roman conquest of Egypt and the rise of Christianity. It explores Egyptian sources for the character of Ra, his pivotal role in creation, and the way in which Egyptians expressed the world as physical matter unfurling from the sun. The core of the book focuses on on the epicentre of the cult: the temple of Ra at Iunu.
About Animal Deities
Animal Deities is about human spiritual belief systems as documented by anthropologists and archeologists.
- Rare Lord Ganesh Ganesha Beautiful Statues Hindu Good Luck God – White Statues 2.5″
- The Well of Remembrance: Rediscovering the Earth Wisdom Myths of Northern Europe
- The Slavs (Ancient Peoples and Places, Vol. 74)
- Tibetan Shamanism: Ecstasy and Healing
- One Spirit Medicine: Ancient Ways to Ultimate Wellness